What transliteration or anglicisation should we use for Hebrew words? Sometimes words are in the dictionary and have accepted spellings. Other times Hebrew words (names especially) have English versions of them that don't sound at all like the Hebrew.
There are also cases where there is not one settled spelling for the Hebrew word.
- Menorah - this is the only spelling I've seen.
- Channukah, Chanukah, Chanuka, Channuka, Hannukah, Hanukah, Hanuka, Hannuka - I think this is every possibility.
- Abraham vs Avraham - the English is quite similar
- Esau vs Eisav - different
- Rebecca vs Rivka - even more different