I'm not Jewish and I don't know much about Judaism, so I bring my apologies if this answer is trivial or offensive in some way. Please edit it in such case.
I've recently discovered the StackExchange Data Explorer and viewed various aggregate statistics about the sites on The Stack Exchange. One of the queries shows dependence of Up and Down-votes from day of week.
We can see that
- On Saturdays there are about 5 times less questions asked and answers given.
- Ratio of upvotes to downvotes is more than 2 times less. Looks like the community discourages posting and "punishes" posters with downvotes.
So, I've got a few questions:
- Is asking and answering on shabbat discouraged?
- Is it just a common agreement or is it fixed somewhere in the rules of Mi Yodeya? I searched the help section but couldn't find anything about shabbat.
- What about other actions on The Stack Exchange sites? Are they allowed?
- Raising flags
- Giving up and down-votes
If you know which tags are appropriate for this question, please add them.