(Warning: the tone of the following is meant to be taken in good humor.)
Ok, so let's say, theoretically of course, that someone has a question that ideally should (or must) be answered (or at least addressed) by SE staff. Let's assume further that SE staff had previously advised that such questions could and should be posted here rather than Meta.SO. Imagine further, that users posted one of these questions. Or two. Or three. Or four. Or five. (Is six pushing it?)
Picture if you will, that none of these were answered or even addressed by SE staff for some time. These questions came from regular users, as well as our local mods. What action should be taken?
PicketOccupy SE's offices in New York.
- None. (We can't expect them to actually respond to all of our kvetches.)
- Cry. Pout. Repeat.
- Attempt to reach an SE employee by:
- Asking a site mod to super-ping them.
- Commenting on a random post of theirs so that they get an inbox notification.
- Smoke Signals.
- The classifieds.
- Other. (Please specify.)
- Try to get an answer on Meta.SO by:
- Posting a duplicate there.
- Asking a mod to migrate it.
- Wishing very, very, hard.
- Get a life.
Anybody have any ideas? Any SE mods? ;)
(Sorry about the general silliness of this question, but there's a double dose of Friday in Iceland today =D.)