Robert S. Barnes
I'm a self taught programmer whose taken a break to go back to school and study Software Engineering.
וישמע משה ויפל על-פניו -- And when Moses heard it, he fell upon his face.
The truth of a fact can only be proved by a fact, not by reasons or reasoning. Reasons and reasoning can establish its probability or its necessity but can never prove its actuality. The veracity of a messenger can only be proved by his sender, the sending of Moses only by God himself. That is why no word of an answer from Moses himself could refute the accusation of Korach. If God would not consider it right to confirm the veracity of his being commissioned by God, in face of this denial of it, then his mission was at its end -- ויפל על פניו.
Rav Samson Raphael Hirsch, Parshat Korach
I wish I had God's PGP Key.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jul 25 '15 at 19:46
Top network posts
- 219 socket.shutdown vs socket.close
- 164 Linux: is there a read or recv from socket with timeout?
- 142 Pointer to pointer clarification
- 130 What does the restrict keyword mean in C++?
- 125 cscope or ctags why choose one over the other?
- 109 What is the difference between a process and a thread?
- 82 Specifically, what's dangerous about casting the result of malloc?
- View more network posts →