I converted to Orthodox Judaism in 1980. My conversion story was originally published in the Baltimore Jewish Times and was reprinted in its entirety by About.com and in excerpt form by Rabbi Maurice Lamm in his book Becoming a Jew. I learned Daf Yomi for 10 years completing the entire 11th Cycle and getting half way through the 12th. I stopped shortly after being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and recognized I could not stay up for late night Daf classes nor keep up if I did not. For the 20th anniversary of my conversion, I decided to teach the last daf of Kesubos and contacted Art Scroll for help, as they had not yet published their translation of that daf. Rabbi Yehezkel Danziger surprised me by suggesting that I try translating the page for publication in order to make my celebration "more special." It took me 3 months to translate the main text and the Rashi, but I submitted my work and, after much editing, received an editorial credit in Volume III of Art Scroll's Kesuvos translation. I have been a frequent contributor to the About.com Judaism board and specialized in counter-missionary posts. My website, "A Primer: Why Jews Cannot Believe in Jesus" is designed as a quick introduction to major points I tend to make when dealing with missionaries. In my secular life, I am an attorney for the Federal Government.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
47 profile views
Last seen May 3 '17 at 20:23
- Mi Yodeya 14.6k 14.6k 11 gold badge3333 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- History 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 3.8k 3.8k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3k 3k 66 gold badges2323 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 907 907 11 gold badge66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 78 If the letter J is only 400–500 years old, was there a J sound that preceded the design of the letter?
- 66 Why don't Jews think Jesus is the messiah?
- 34 Did the Germans purposefully arrange to send Lenin to Russia to start a revolution?
- 33 Is there any evidence that Rabbi Akiva's students fought alongside Bar Kochba?
- 30 Did the U.S. and Soviet Union have a submarine battle in 1968?
- 27 Why do we say that an obscene joke is "off-color"?
- 26 Who coined the term "Holocaust" to refer to the Nazi "final solution" for the Jewish people?
- View more network posts →