I converted to Orthodox Judaism in 1980. My conversion story was originally published in the Baltimore Jewish Times and was reprinted in its entirety by About.com and in excerpt form by Rabbi Maurice Lamm in his book Becoming a Jew. I learned Daf Yomi for 10 years completing the entire 11th Cycle and getting half way through the 12th. I stopped shortly after being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and recognized I could not stay up for late night Daf classes nor keep up if I did not. For the 20th anniversary of my conversion, I decided to teach the last daf of Kesubos and contacted Art Scroll for help, as they had not yet published their translation of that daf. Rabbi Yehezkel Danziger surprised me by suggesting that I try translating the page for publication in order to make my celebration "more special." It took me 3 months to translate the main text and the Rashi, but I submitted my work and, after much editing, received an editorial credit in Volume III of Art Scroll's Kesuvos translation. I have been a frequent contributor to the About.com Judaism board and specialized in counter-missionary posts. My website, "A Primer: Why Jews Cannot Believe in Jesus" is designed as a quick introduction to major points I tend to make when dealing with missionaries. In my secular life, I am an attorney for the Federal Government.
Member for 8 years, 4 months
47 profile views
Last seen May 3 '17 at 20:23
- Mi Yodeya 15.3k 15.3k 22 gold badges3838 silver badges9595 bronze badges
- History 5k 5k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 4k 4k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.1k 3.1k 77 gold badges2525 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 947 947 11 gold badge66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 79 If the letter J is only 400–500 years old, was there a J sound that preceded the design of the letter?
- 76 Why don't Jews think Jesus is the messiah?
- 37 Did the Germans purposefully arrange to send Lenin to Russia to start a revolution?
- 36 Is there any evidence that Rabbi Akiva's students fought alongside Bar Kochba?
- 34 Did the U.S. and Soviet Union have a submarine battle in 1968?
- 27 Why do we say that an obscene joke is "off-color"?
- 26 Who coined the term "Holocaust" to refer to the Nazi "final solution" for the Jewish people?
- View more network posts →