As my name implies, I'm a Jecke and I'm extraordinarily proud of it. Throught my grandfather ז”ל, I have connections to the Marx rabbinic family (and consequently also to political philosopher Karl Marx) and Aharon haKohen, brother of Moshe Rabbeinu. Aside from my Jüdischkeit, I have strong intersecting interests in language, music, politics/international relations, and book collecting/binding.
A note about transliteration: I use Hebrew transliteration based on Israeli pronunciation, as it is somewhat easier for others to follow than my ashkenazis translit. scheme.
Boston, MA, United States
Member for 7 years, 5 months
29 profile views
Last seen Feb 15 at 22:20
- Mi Yodeya 12.2k 12.2k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Area 51 1k 1k 11 gold badge11 silver badge1414 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 487 487 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 347 347 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Literature 333 333 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 24 Translation: Why are parts of the original language kept?
- 23 Kerning Hebrew diacritics in InDesign
- 16 What is a good reference size for a settlement?
- 15 Origin of Unveiling
- 15 Napoléon's Sanhedrin
- 10 Who is the underlined square k certification
- 10 Is a Keffiyeh chayav tzitzit?
- View more network posts →