I was born into a Jewish mixed family (Dad was from Brooklyn, Mom was from the Bronx) As a result I was raised like many contemporaries to be a thrice a year Jew (Chanukah, Passover, and Rosh-Hashana/Yom Kippur)
I was raised in a predominantly Reformed-Neo-Hassidic, Conservatox upbringing. This means that the level of devout seemed to be directly related to how close my mother lived to the local Rabbi and what the local synagogue was.
I went to Sunday School and Hebrew School and then I had my BarMitzvah (I think the parsha (sp?) was Cha Chodesh, Spelling assistance welcomed)
I went to a college in Ohio that did not have a Synagogue anywhere nearby, and have since been a Jew by upbringing but not practicing.
Slowly I am trying to find my way back to my beliefs and faith as well as understand my culture better without compromising my own beliefs (Which I still believe are strongly rooted in my Jewish upbringing)
None of my posted questions are meant in anyway to belittle Judaism or anyone's beliefs or faiths. They are out of honest curiosity)
Member for 9 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 10 '12 at 22:41
- Movies & TV 4.6k 4.6k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Parenting 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.6k 1.6k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Poker 615 615 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 375 375 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 29 What are some ways to teach a child how to spit (after brushing their teeth)?
- 27 What would have to happen to merge the Spider-man franchise and the Avengers franchise?
- 27 Is John Keating to blame for Neil's suicide?
- 26 Why are some actors uncredited in certain films?
- 26 UIView.animateWithDuration Not Animating Swift (again)
- 25 Swift 4 JSON Decodable simplest way to decode type change
- 25 Was Gremlins 2 the first film to re-adapt a scene for release on different media?
- View more network posts →