Chef, bibliophile, pedant, buffoon, simp, and Renaissance Man. Hear me roar. Or don't.
I am an atheist who is studying Early Christology, Patristic theology, historical and textual criticism of the bible, Biblical hermeneutics, the history of the early church, and the history of the bible, auditing courses at Princeton Theological Seminary. I previously audited courses at Union Theological Seminary.
It is impossible to understand Jesus and the apostles who followed him during his lifetime without reference to their intense Jewishness.
I have no agenda here aside from the quest for knowledge.
My father's family on his mother's side were Jews from Russian Poland and the Netherlands. I was raised Christian (nobody's perfect:) ) but I became an atheist at the age of 14 or so.
Member for 4 years
46 profile views
Last seen Feb 27 '17 at 23:24
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 45k 45k 4040 gold badges420420 silver badges596596 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 10.3k 10.3k 33 gold badges5252 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- History 2.8k 2.8k 2020 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 1.2k 1.2k 1111 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 886 886 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 295 Was Aragorn's claim to the throne legitimate?
- 239 Which 2015 technologies were correctly predicted by Back to the Future II?
- 211 Origin of movie trope where impaled character pulls/pushes blade/spear further into body?
- 172 What was the first Sci-Fi work to feature a spaceship?
- 158 How did Vader saving Luke turn him to the good side?
- 143 How does Ant-Man pick up a drop of water?
- 131 Why is Discovery One covered in sulphur in "2010: The Year We Make Contact"?
- View more network posts →