Chef, bibliophile, pedant, buffoon, simp, and Renaissance Man. Hear me roar. Or don't.
I am an atheist who is studying Early Christology, Patristic theology, historical and textual criticism of the bible, Biblical hermeneutics, the history of the early church, and the history of the bible, auditing courses at Princeton Theological Seminary. I previously audited courses at Union Theological Seminary.
It is impossible to understand Jesus and the apostles who followed him during his lifetime without reference to their intense Jewishness.
I have no agenda here aside from the quest for knowledge.
My father's family on his mother's side were Jews from Russian Poland and the Netherlands. I was raised Christian (nobody's perfect:) ) but I became an atheist at the age of 14 or so.
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 64.8k 64.8k 5757 gold badges482482 silver badges642642 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 11.5k 11.5k 55 gold badges5757 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- History 4k 4k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 2k 2k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.5k 1.5k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 340 Was Aragorn's claim to the throne legitimate?
- 246 Which 2015 technologies were correctly predicted by Back to the Future II?
- 213 Origin of movie trope where impaled character pulls/pushes blade/spear further into body?
- 177 What was the first Sci-Fi work to feature a spaceship?
- 165 How did Vader saving Luke turn him to the good side?
- 147 How does Ant-Man pick up a drop of water?
- 135 How many times was Obi-Wan less than honest with Luke?
- View more network posts →